cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why black lines and shades are appearing when printing documents from the mf642dw printer?

MohamedUmer
Apprentice

Hello there,  

I am trying to print a document related to the office, I am facing an issue with black color printing documents, as the paper printed with shades and lines shown in the image below.

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-18 at 12.19.38 PM.jpeg

other color documents are printing fine only black is printing like this, even after i changed the toner, its the same,

please let me know what measures to be taken here to  

I even changed the black toner, but its

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Since the black toner is not low, I would open the printer and inspect the paper paths for spilled toner. A small vacuum can be helpful here.  The fixing assembly could also be dirty.  You can clean using the printers LCD. 

From the printer's LCD..  
Menu> Adjustment/Maintenance> Maintenance> Clean Fixing Assembly> Check that the paper indicated in the screen is loaded, and then select OK> Start> One sheet with a cleaning pattern printed on it is ejected when cleaning is completed.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements