cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird scanning result.

R3BOOOT
Apprentice

Hello!

I'm running a MF624cw (latest firmware and scan utility software) on OSX High Sierra 10.13.3.

All scanned documents in PDF (black & white mode) will appear as if they were messed with by aliens (for lack of a better description) please see example attached Smiley Very Happy

If I scan in Greyscale mode, the documents will come out correctly. This happens when I scan from the bed or feeder.

Any ideas? Thanks!Screenshot 2018-02-06 11.02.09.png

2 REPLIES 2

James_C

Hi R3BOOOT 

This may happen when selecting black & white scanning.  Canon is working on a fix for this and recommends that you use Grayscale scanning in the interim instead of black and white scanning.  If you need to use black and white scanning, try using Image Capture.   Image Capture may be a little slower but it will not give you the black screen that you indicated.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks James. Problem resolved once I updated the driver and MF Scan Utility to the latest version today.

Announcements