Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Want to STOP ImageClass from adding date+4 digits to scan filenames

This is the default behavior;  how do I turn it off??

• File Name

Enter the file name of the image to be saved.  The date and 4 digits are appended to the set file name in the "_20XX0101_0001" format.

Product Expert

Re: Want to STOP ImageClass from adding date+4 digits to scan filenames

Hi worksong

In order to properly assist you we just need to know which specfic imageCLASS unit you own?  Additionally, what operating system and program are you scanning from?

I look forward to further assisting you and receiving the requested information.

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
New Contributor

MF 249 dw;  Win 10 Pro;  MF Scan Util / Scangear

Thanks.

Product Expert

Hi worksong,

Unfortunately, there is no way to remove it. If you are using another third party program other than the freeware that came with the unit you may get other options. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Highlighted
New Contributor

I appreciate the response, but am disgusted w/Canon.

This is my 4th ImageClass multi-function, & every iteration of the software gets dumber & less capable.  The last version of MFToolbox--which won't work with the 249 dw--was far easier to use.  Why handicap it?

Another idiotic move was to double-down with more 1-touch "buttons" to make operations simpler...but what good is a "documents" button if I can only choose color or b/w, but CANNOT adjust threshold/exposure/contrast to something other than the anemic defaults?

Turns out I can take a few extra steps & still use Scangear to deliver the output I need...I just have to remember to altere the filename to remove all the mandatory extra digits Canon inserts.

Canon should be embarassed.