cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to scan with canon mf 4350d

naoh853
Apprentice

Hello.  

I am using Windows 7 (64bit).  After the recent windows update, I cannot scan with my Canon MF 4350d.  I can print or make a copy but not scan.  It's very frustrating as I followed several guidances online, including uninstalling and re-installing the driver, update toolbox, and etc. and it took me a couple of hours, but I have no luck getting this fixed.  I needed to scan my doc before my flight and now I can't get things done.  It's very stressful.

Can someone help me out?  Thanks a lot.

12 REPLIES 12

Posted solutions do not work.
Not enough information online to be effective to non-computer experts.

Don326
Apprentice

This simple fix I found online worked for me:

Start> in the run box type. Services.msc

Scroll down to Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)

Right click, select Properties

Check that Startup type is set to Automatic

Click Log On Tab

Check that Local System account , and Allow service to interact with desktop is checked. Hit apply.

Click Recovery...Click on window next to First Failure, Scroll to Restart the Service. Hit apply.

This got MF Toolbox to work and stay working even after a reboot. Only issue is Windows Fax Scan no longer works, but I can use MF Toolbox.

Hope it helps!

James_C

Hi naoh853  

I can help with the scanning issue. In order for us to better assist you, I will need some additional information.  Do you mind answering a few questions so we can get a better picture of your situation?

1.  Did you install using the disk or download the software from Canons website?

2  Can you can using the steps when you click HERE?

3. Are you receiving any errors when attempting to scan?

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements