cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to scan to computer on image class mf628cw

kmallard
Apprentice

Hello,

I have had a problem with my canon printer since Early November. I have been unable to scan to my computer from the printer. The printer interface is stuck on confirming the device location. This originally gave a prompt on the computer, but no longer does so. The method I am curently tyring to use is USB cable to the computer. It will work with a USB drive scan.

I have so far reinstalled the drivers with the scanning patch that was released on October, but have had no luck. I also have diabled the firewall and AV protection on the computer. Recently I was unable to even scan to USB after a windows update. Since then I have rolled back the update and returned the ability to scan to USB.  I am on a Windows 10 64 Bit OS.

Any insight on this would be helpful. I have not seen any odd event log errors in the printing section either.

1 REPLY 1

Patrice
Whiz

Hi kmallard.

I will be able to assist you.

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the MF Scan Utility software?  If not, please follow the steps below:

1.  Right-click on the Windows [Start] button, and then select [Programs and Features].

2.  Double-click on the Canon MF Scan Utility, and then follow the prompts to uninstall the program.

3.  Restart the computer.

Once the computer is back on, please click the link below, and then select the [Software] tab to download and reinstall the MF Scan Utility:

imageCLASS MF628CW - Drivers & Downloads

If you still experience an error, or require further assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be glad to help you.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements