cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install MF4880dw on Windows 10 over WiFi

crpbedev
Apprentice

I am unable to install the MF4880dw on my Windows 10 PC.  The printer/scanner is connected via network at the office, by way of the WiFi connection.

When I attempt to install the drivers from the Canon site (MF4800_Series_MFDrivers_W64_us_EN_2), which are stated to be compatible with 64bit Windows 10, the installation wizard finds the device on the network, but after the "confirm settings" step is completed, the "install" step fails with the message "Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000705).  Windows cannot locate a suitable printer driver.  Contact your administrator for help locating and installing a suitable driver."

Does anyone have any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1

arvy_p
Apprentice

I ended up calling Canon, and they helped me to resolve this.

Since updates in Windows 10 sometimes mess with security settings, the installer which Canon provides sometimes cannot work when trying to install the printer over the network.

What you have to do is this:

to install printer/scanner Canon MF4880dw in windows 10

- get the latest Canon driver / installer from their website

http://www.canon.ca/inetCA/en/serviceDetail?m=load&directLink=Y&mid=6371B011&type=D&opt=1

- use the Canon installer to install the SCANNER driver ONLY.

- install the MF Toolbox to use the scanner

- to install printer, go to control panel > devices and printers > add printer
- try to find it automatically
- if that fails, click "the printer I want wasn't listed"
- add a printer using a tcp/ip address or hostname
- enter the IP, and follow the steps - the MF4800 series should be found and then you ought to be able to print a test page.

I hope this helps others who have been running into the same issue.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements