cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settings

optimus
Apprentice

Hi there everyone,

This is my first visit to this forum and my first question. Sorry if it is already asked. Please bear with me.

Here is my problem. I have a Canon ImageClass MF4890dw printer. When I turn it off for few days, all the settings reset to zero. I have to enter a new date, a new time... Is there a battery inside of it to be replaced or is there something that needs to be fixed? I can't take it for a service, because it will cost me a lot of money and I paid $5 for the printer.

Thanks for your help,

Optimus.

1 REPLY 1

James_C

Hi optimus,

The battery back up for the memory is not getting fully charged so it is not holding the date and time.  This will happen anytime you unplug the unit for periods of time.  If you keep the unit plugged in the memory will not be lost.  Additionally, do you have the unit plugged into a surge protector etc.  If so, try plugging the power cord directly into the wall to see if the issue continues.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements