cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanning problem. Receive error message: cannot write file. Code 10,242,7. Please help

rmlopaka
Apprentice

I just purchased and installed a Canon MX 922 multi-function printer. I'm having a problem with the scanner in that the output after scanning cannot be displayed and is accompanied with an error message : Cannot write file. Code 10,242,7. This occurs when scanning documents and images. My operating system Windows XP (32).  Can anyone please help me solve this problem? Thank you.  

18 REPLIES 18

alek
Apprentice
There are 2 windows on my pc.
This problem about scan occures when working with wondows xp sp3
But when you use windows 7 you can scan your files easily.

Mikestation
Apprentice
Are you sure you installed .net3.5?
Somtimes it has an error but without any warning. Before installing .net 3.5, go to c:\windows\system32 and rename wmphoto.DLL. This should work.

alek
Apprentice
I renamed that file but nothing happened.
Then installed .net 3.5 but my problem is steel remained.

Ok. You have to rename WMPHOTO.DLL and  then install .net 3.5. After that, try to scan. Make sure that .net 3.5 is installed looking in add/remove programs in control panel.

Greetings!

[MOD NOTE: Removed all non-English content per FORUM GUIDELINES]

alek
Apprentice
I renamed that file and then installed .net 3.5 for the second time but it had no effect.

Manvinder89
Apprentice

i buy canon scanner Mg4240 but when i scan any documents then 13,242,0 code is coming , how i can solve this problem

vmarvania
Apprentice

hi i keep getting unable to write file code 13,242,0

can you help me solve this.

Hello and I soon have this problem.
I tested all the methods described above. No effect. No update to the operating system. I'm using an operating system Windows Embedded POSReady. I use a scanner  canon lide 120

pirios
Apprentice
If you are using Windows XP Pro SP3 in POSReady/WEPOS mode or Windows Embedded version only, the problem is a specific update patch # KB4074852. This patch changes important system files. After updating, many apps are not working properly (problems with .NET-based apps, scanning functions, video conversions, wifi adapters etc).

The only solution is to ignore this patch. If you have it installed, you need to uninstall it.
Announcements