cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan to Computer MF6100

cnieland
Apprentice

I am having issues scanning to my computer from a MF6100.  I have two Surface Pro 4's connected to the network with the scan utility installed on each machine.  When I try to scan to the computer the computer is not showing up all the time.  If i reboot the printer the computer will show up again.  Any thoughts?

7 REPLIES 7

James_C

Hi cnieland,

In order to properly assist you, I will just need to know what operating system you are running?

Additionally, are you able to scan when using the steps when you click HERE?  If not, what occurs?

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am running this from two Surface Pro 4's running Windows 10.  If I scan from the printer and try to scan to the computer nothing happens it just times out.  If i try to scan from the Surface I get an error message stating unable to communicate with scanner.

Same issue with my 733 connected by USB cable. This function is not working. Even installed optional software and printer drivers at the Cannon site. It might have made things worse, 

Win fax/scan was working fine but after the updates it is a little buggy.

Even made sure my printer was on the vitual USB port in settings.

Prints fine and scans to USB with no issues.

The pictires of screen shots in the instructions do not appear when I try to set up scan to computer.

I have no options other than the scan to the fixed folder path which never works.

Hi etp,

There is a recommended patch to install if you are having issues scanning in Windows 10.  Let's perform the following steps to download and install the scanning patch:

1.  Click HERE to launch the download and driver page.  Your operating system should automatically be detected.

2.  Under the "Drivers" tab, you will need to download and install the file Windows 32-bit & 64-bit] Patch for Network Scan, USB Scan.

3.  Attempt a scan at this point.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

etp
Enthusiast

I reloaded the software from the enclosed disk and now the scan works via USB cable. Online software did not help at all.

James_C

Hi cnieland

I will be glad to provide assistance.  In order to properly assist you, I will just need to know what operating system you are running?

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

Win 10 64 bit.

Also it will only scan one side in computer mode. Both sides to USB.

Announcements