cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMTP settings on Canon ImageClass MF6160dw

jrisenberg
Apprentice

I have a Canon ImageClass MF6160dw MFP that needs setup for Office 365.  All the documentation I have states that I need to change the SMTP settings, but I am unable to locate where the settings are in the Remote UI interface.  I need to change the SMTP port to 587 and enable TLS/StartTLS.

Operating System:  Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit, 8GB RAM.

Office 2016 (Office 365)

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you,

Jon Isenberg

9/6/17, 1027am EDT

2 REPLIES 2

Sonya1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Jon Isenberg,

The Network Settings are accessible via the Remopte UI when you login via the Management Mode (using yoyr System Manager ID and PIN).  However, your imageCLASS MF6160dw was designed and built before TLS was popular.  Your MF6160dw has SSL settings but not TLS settings.  To turn on the SSL setting using your printer's operation panel, please follow these steps:

1.  Press [Menu].

2. Select <System Settings> using the up or down arrow and press [OK].

When the system manager ID and system manager PIN are specified, use the numeric keys to enter the ID and number, and then press [Log In/Out] key.

3. Select <Security Settings> using the up or down arrow and press [OK].

4. Select <Use SSL> using the up or down arrow and press [OK].

5. Select <On> using the up or down arrow and press [OK].

6. Press [Menu] to close the menu screen.

7. Restart the machine. 

It is necessary to restart the machine to take effect the settings.  Turn OFF the machine and wait for at least one minute before turning it back ON.

If you need immediate assistance and you're in the USA, please click http://Canon.us/ContactCF for our US-based support. If you're outside of the US, please click http://Canon.us/4xf7 for support options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for your suggestion.  After completing the steps, we received an error message.  No code on the error message as it was a TX Result Report with a Job number,  start time, sheets, and error wording:  CANON (email address).

Using the GUI interface, the Email settings are as follows:

SMTP Server Address:  smtp.office365.com

Email address:  (user's email address)

Authentication / Encryption Settings

- Use POP - OFF

- SMTP Authtentication - OFF

- Use SSL - ON

- Confirm Certificate for SMTP Sending - OFF

Should any of these settings be different or shall we make any other changes.

Announcements