cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote printing on LBP632Cdw?

dlherg
Apprentice

Just purchased a new Imageclass laser printer.  How can I tell if remote printing is available? 

6 REPLIES 6

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, dlherg!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which imageCLASS printer model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Thanks Danny My printer is an Imageclass LBP632Cdw (I thought about that after posting but there wasn’t a way to edit 😣)

Hi dlherg...  to edit a post or reply you have created, use the drop arrow menu and select Edit.

shadowsports_0-1707328935033.png

You can edit the text in the message body or the title if its your topic.  

Regarding your question.  Can you please clarify what you mean by remote printing?  

Are you trying to print from an App on your mobile device (example).

Thanks.  Looking forward to your reply.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you Rick! 

By remote print I mean if I’m at work and want to send something to my printer at home. Is that possible? 

I’ll clarify. (And I appreciate the lesson on post editing @shadowsports) 

I believe I’ve heard/seen that printers are capable of printing remotely via an email address or an ip address (not sure exactly how it works) so if you are not at home but have internet access you can send documents to your printer. Is that possible with this printer and if so how do I enable it?

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I am familiar with the feature.  I had it on a few HP's I owned.  I just wanted to make sure this was what you were describing.  

I don't believe this is supported on your device.  The feature is an "extension" to the devices webserver whereby you register the device with the manufacturers cloud and create a destination email that you can "send to" and if there are attachments (like a Word doc or .PDF) its prints those attachments which are then waiting for you when you arrive home.  I rarely used it but it was somewhat useful.  This was also supported by Google Cloud Print, which unfortunately Google terminated support for.

Without this type of "service" another way to do this would be with VPN, whereby you would VPN to your home network and then choose the printer on your home network as the destination for a print job.   

Please look at the printers i-FAX option.  Its not the same as true "remote" printing, but might work for you.

Receiving I-Faxes for Printing - Canon - imageCLASS LBP633Cdw / LBP632Cdw - User's Guide (Product Ma...

Give this a try  😉 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you again @shadowsports. 

I see the email setting but there’s no i-fax option there. I’ve attached images for reference…

dlherg_0-1707520640024.png

dlherg_1-1707520686481.png

Announcements