cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing Envelopes

DesertRatR
Contributor

I have an MF733Cdw.  Can anyone please explain how to print an envelope?  The manual is worthless.  It has numerous pages devoted to the proper way to load envelopes.  And exactly nothing about how to tell the printer it is printing an envelope.  I've called tech support, a waste of time.  Emails go unanswered.  You're my last hope.  

8 REPLIES 8

BillS
Mentor

Hi DesertRatR,

In addition to loading the envelopes, you also need to specify the paper type on the printer itself, and ensure that envelope size and format is being requested from the computer. 

Instructions for specifying the paper type can be found starting on page 159 of the manual HERE.

Adjusting the paper settings on the computer will vary depending on what operating system and program you are using.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This was helpful. I also see the address lightly printed on the envelope in front of the fully printed address. It looks almost like a track marks where the enveolpe passes over the rollers and picks up some toner residue. This is wierd because it is a brand new machine. Any suggestions?

I have a brand new Image Class MF644cdw and I've changed the paper settings on both trays to envelope and continue to get the error message to make sure I have the correct paper size chosen.  I am trying to print from Publisher if that makes a difference.  It is getting close to tax season and I need this function to work.  Please help quickly. Thanks! Julie 🙂

I, too, have recentlyu purchased an Image Class MF644cdw and an=m also having trouble printing envelopes.  I updated both the paper size & type (in this case com10 / envelope) in the machine's settings as well asmy computer's MS Word settings (see attached).  Also tried both the Multi-purpose Tray as well as the papaer drawer, but the envelope never prints the envelope properly.  The closest I got was getting the return address printed properly in the upper left corner.  Any assistance would be appreciated.  Thank you.  

Regards,

Lynn Hinson

MS Word Envelope Printing.pngorner 

I called them and they were VERY helpful! 🙂  The default is to use the Microsoft printer driver so you need to download and update the Canon printer driver after the printer is setup. After that, we got the envelope options to show in the print menu and they printed fine from either the envelope slot or the tray. 

To begin printing your envelope, you must first setup your file to print under the right settings with your Canon printer.

Within the Canon Printer Properties, select – Envelopes and make sure it is set to Landscape and Output Size: to Envelope No.10.

If Envelopes isn’t available just select Landscape and Output Size: to Envelope No.10.

Also after making all of your settings if Envelopes isn’t available you can create a new profile called Envelopes by selecting the Add(1) button.

Open a new document within Microsoft Word. Activate the Envelopes and Labels Wizard by selecting the “Envelopes” option under the “Mailings” menu tab and fill in your mailing and return addresses. Select the “Options” menu to adjust the Envelope size and print position. Under “Printing Options”, you can confirm how your envelopes will be fed from your specific printer. On the Canon MF264DW the envelope is Face up.

By choosing “Options” you are able to change the look and style of your envelope. You may also designate your chosen envelope size and redirect your envelope to be printed from a different tray than has been automatically selected. On the Canon MF264DW it is set to Auto for use with the multi-purpose tray.

After choosing all of your settings in Microsoft Word, it is time to load your envelopes into the designated tray for printing. Place the envelope right side up in the center of the multifunction tray with the opening to the left. Place it in the middle with the bottom edge aligned to – A6. Select Print

Which printer driver did you select?  There is one recommended and 4 optional.

Placegr
Apprentice

We have a Image Runner DXC 37251 and would like to use #10 self sealing envelopes, except they are getting chewed up...techs have been out for 6 hours attempting to resolve..any help out here?

Announcements