cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paper Tray Won't Re-load into Printer

FuefinaWG
Apprentice

I have a Canon MF620C all-in-one and I removed the paper tray to add more paper and now the paper tray won't go in all the way. It stops with about 2.25" of tray still extended.

I've tried everything to get the tray back in. Anyone else have the same issue and get it resolved?

13 REPLIES 13

Sonya1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello FuefinaWG,

It sounds like you may have extended the paper tray so that it will accommodate legal sized paper.  See example under step 2 at this LINK.  What size paper are you using in your Color imageCLASS MF620C series printer?  Are you certain the paper tray isn't extended for legal sized paper?

If you need immediate assistance and you're in the USA, please click http://Canon.us/ContactCF for our US-based support. If you're outside of the US, please click http://Canon.us/4xf7 for support options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

My upper tray will only go in about an inch and is blocked.  I loaded 5x7 photo paper but beilieve the printer thinks that the cassette is in place, and not outside the printer....  MG7520

Thanks

ccwhite327
Apprentice

Did you ever get an answer that worked?

I am having the same issue, and it is not set for legal size paper

Canon MF628Cw

And I'm in the middle of printing something and I need to get this project done quickly.

HELP!!!

YIPPEE!! And KUDOS to SONYA at Tech Support.

There's a little lever that causes the tray to extend or contract that I wasn't aware of.

I have same issue on Canon MB5000 series printer. Cannot get tray to go back into printer. Printer & tray set on letter size paper. Cannot even get it started into the printer. Have tried every possible angle, etc. Please help!!!

it worked! 

BCF
Apprentice

I have a Pixma G5020. The front paper tray will not go back into the printer, at all. I have tried all angles. Stops about 1" in.

Tray has letter paper and no feature to hold legal paper, so no expand contract lever/button. It worked earlier this morning but not now. Display on printer is asking for reload letter paper from front tray, but it seems blocked on both sides. 

I need help. Thanks.

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi BCF,

Please contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

dfoitek
Apprentice
I'm having the same problem - any solutions for this

Hello!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what model printer you're using.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to enter your product information and discover your support options. 

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

Announcements