cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIFY MB5300 Not printing word documents or text on an excel document

chadman2007
Apprentice

Hi All

When i try to print a word document nothing prints off, the paper feeds through but no text.

Also when i print off a excel spreadsheet, the columss and rows print off but not the text inside the columns.

I can print other things but not on these two applications.

I have no idea why.

Please help

7 REPLIES 7

Jenine
Rising Star

Hello Chadman20017!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what printer you have, operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using and if you are connected via USB or WI-FI. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at usa.canon.com/support or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

Hi

Thank you for your reply.

The operating system iam using is Windows 10 and it is connected via a USB.

Hope you can help.

Thanks

Thanks for the information, chadman2007.  We still need to know which model of Canon printer you're using.  Please let us know so that we can have the clearest possible picture of what you're working with.

As the apps you're mentioning are made by Microsoft, you may want to contact them for support, especially if this problem is occuring when you try to print from Microsoft apps.

We look forward to your reply!

Pi
Apprentice

My model is MB5300. I have it for half a year. It functioned well during the past 6 months till yesterday. I have the same problem: when i print excel spreadsheet, i only got blank table, not text at all. I tried to print a word document, i got totally a piece of blank paper. What can i do?!

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

If the issue only occurs with spreadsheets, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Did anyone find a solution?

my  MX870 windows 10 suddenly started the same thing. I can print PDF but not word and only blank grids on Excel.

lcole4005
Apprentice

I am having the same problem.  I am using Windows 10, Microsoft Office 360 and MX490 printer.  I have reloaded the driver and reloaded Office 360.  

Announcements