cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Canon MF4770 won't scan.

geoffcolton
Apprentice

The message on the screen tells me to connect the computer, but the computer is connected.  How do I convince Canon it is connected?

3 REPLIES 3

Jason
Whiz

Hi!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bitly.com/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 8 AM and 8 PM ET.

Thanks!

Windows 10

Hi GeoffColton.

I will be able to assist you.

Please perform a scan using the [Remote Scanner] option.  Follow the instructions below to perform the scan:

1.  Verify that MF Toolbox is closed on the computer and press the [SCAN] button on the printer.

2.  Highlight [Remote Scanner] and press [OK]. The screen will show, "Remote Scanner. Waiting online...".

3.  On the computer, open the MF Toolbox and select [PDF].

4.  Click the green [START] button on the [PDF] window. The machine will start processing the scan.

If the scan is successful, please close the MF Toolbox software, and then perform the scan using the [Computer] scan option.  If the remote scan is unsuccessful, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements