cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Canon 8500c printer is printing out black streaks across the page,

MPB
Apprentice

I have a Canon 8500c printer and it is printing spaced black streaks across the page whether the copy is in color or black and white. Please help. I have tried cleaning the rollers but I don't think its the rollers.

1 REPLY 1

Patrice
Whiz

HI MPB.

I will be glad to assist you.

I recommend cleaning the fixing unit and the transfer belt.  Please follow the instructions below:

Fixing Unit

Dirt may adhere to the fixing units inside the machine and cause black streaks to appear on printouts. To clean the fixing unit, perform the following procedure. Note that you cannot clean the fixing unit when the machine has documents waiting to be printed. To clean the fixing unit, you need LTR or A4 paper. Set the paper in the paper drawer or manual feed slot before performing the following procedure.

1. Press [ ].

2. Use [ ] / [ ] to select <Adjustment/Maintenance>, and press [ ].

3. Select <Clean Fixing Unit>, and press [ ].

4. Press [ ].

b_dis412.gif

Cleaning starts. When the <Finished.> message is displayed approximately 1 minute later, press [ ] to return to the main screen.

Transfer Belt

Dirt may adhere to the transfer belt inside the machine and cause the print quality to deteriorate. To clean the transfer belt, perform the following procedure. Note that you cannot clean the transfer belt when the machine has documents waiting to be printed.

1. Press [ ] .

2. Use [ ] / [ ] to select <Adjustment/Maintenance>, and press [ ].

3. Select <Clean ITB>, and press [ ].

4. Press [ ].

b_dis413.gif

Cleaning starts. When the <Finished.> message is displayed approximately 1 to 2 minutes later, press [ ] to return to the main screen.

I hope this information is helpful to you.  Should you need further assistance with this issue, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements