cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model D530 -- scanning function has gone berserk

btse123
Apprentice

Windows 7, 32 bit.

My D530 does a great job printing and copying. However, a couple of days ago the scan function became screwy. Instead of producing a reproduction of the original placed on the glass, it picks out certain random areas and scans only those. In preview mode the result is several random highlighted rectangular areas that look like someone placed a number of small photos arranged at odd angles on the glass. When I open the scanned result, it displays only those same areas that were highlighted in Preview. It does this no matter what type of doc I try to scan. I have tried various settings and yes, the glass is very clean. Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1

James_C

Hi btse123      

If you can copy correctly we know physically the scanner is ok.  With this said, I will need a little more information to help with the issue.  What program are you scanning from?  Are you scanning from the MF Toolbox software?  What operaing system are you running?

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI               

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements