cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maxify MB2320 ink puddles

SadieHawkins
Contributor

The paper feed area, into the printer for printing, has a bunch of "slots" for lack of my knowing the technical word. Canon's ink carts leak ink into those slots. As the paper passes over them for printing, the ink smears the page. 

I cannot find a solution for this other than to use a Q-Tip moistened with alcohol to remove the excess ink.

Badly engineered equipment.

5 REPLIES 5

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

With the door open, you see the slots or grooves, I cannot know the technical name for this. Ink pools along or between them. The printed page has smudges. I clean it out with a Q-Tip moistened with 91% isopropyl alcohol. After a few minutes of drying the printer prints without streaking/smudging.DSCN2065.JPG

I have no response from Moderator Michael. Is he no longer with Canon?

Hello.

As advised previously, our support group will have to troubleshoot this matter.  Please use the link below to contact our support group for assistance with your issue.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at:

http://Canon.us/ContactCF

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Upon contacting Canon, all I get is more requests to contact you. No help, no support.

Announcements