cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maxify MB2320 LCD screen dead, orange light.

su
Apprentice

UPDATE 5/9/2016

I am extremely sad that I wasted $70 on a genuine new ink set a week ago when it ran out. Now I was told by the people at Frys that they couldn't fix my printer. That's a total of $175 for a printer($105) that I bought 3 months ago plus $70 for the new set of xl tank inks. 😞 I am never returning to Canon's printers again, their printer just dies on you in less than 3 months of occasional uses. I am definitely going back to Epson, their printer lasted me for more than 7 years and I only bought it for $20 back then at Frys. I traded in my printer for a $50 gift card, so no unreliable warranty going to contact me no more.

I am also unsatisfied at the support here in the forums too.

-----

Maxify Maxify MB2320 (3 months old) screen is not displaying after a power shortage in my area when it was in the process turning off. I was trying to print from built-in Google cloud services (and it didn't work) before it was broken. Then when the power got back on, I turned on my printer and the screen is not displaying, no sounds when I touch the buttons and screen, no scanner or nothing. I can't turn off the printer at this point, all the buttons don't work, just 2 lights. When I plugged in the printer to the power outlet, I did not power on the printer and the orange light comes on. Then I powered on the printer and the regular white light comes on.

tried resetting it by holding the power button and pressing cancel 5 times, no work. Did the power shortage in my area caused the printer to malfunction when it was (Ending) in the process of turning off? 😞 

Do you fellows have any ways of fixing it? I need it for my documents. It's a personal printer, I didn't abuse it or heavy use. I only print weekly or monthly.

image.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

Davejb4662
Apprentice

I had the same exact thing happen.  But I had the Maxify MB5320.   So I wasted over $300!  I had good luck with a canon camera.   Printers just aren’t their thing. 

The exact same thing happened to me -- with the MB5420!  So frustrating and no mention of this possibility AT ALL in the User Manual.  Exact same as the photograph above.  We will give it a few days to see if Canon contacts us to provide help.  If they do we will post here and describe the support we receive -- in glowing terms if it deserves it.  If they do not then we will go buy HP or Epson or some other brand and NEVER touch Canon again.  And by the way, we bought on-line from Amazon in the USA because we work at an Embassy overseas, so going to a nearby "Customer Service Center" is NOT an option.

su
Apprentice

It looks like Canon started caring and replied us in 2018. More of this issue popped up but still without a DIY fix. I wish there was more support 2 years ago. Canon printers were actually good to be an inkjet printer, I could even compare it to a laser printer. I would say that I love Canon printers because it was a flawless printer, but just this one orange light crap renders the whole printer useless.

Right now, I'm stuck with an Epson which is a total ink drinker, money burden, and troublemaker, it always needs some maintenance almost every week since I bought it(whether it be misalignment, ink smearing, nozzle cleaning, the horrendous orange-colored stripes), but it still works.. terribly.

If Canon changed, I would give Canon another try again. Only if Canon increased their reliability, meaning I wouldn't want their printer to randomly die and be a total useless piece of mass without any signs.

Thanks for all the good times Canon.

eJ7b4HH3
Apprentice

I missed these posts when I addressed this same situation with my Maxify MB2320 on 10/24/2023 in Office Printers.  It appears that no solution has been defined to date.  Am I interpreting this correctly?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements