cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX890 Having to spend $130 for ink but only getting 11-12 actually VIABLE prints, HELP?!?!

fightingdownfal
Apprentice

As the title topic says, I am somehow having to buy 130 bucks worth of ink but I only get 11 or 12 actually viable print outs!!! Specifically, I am printing custom DVD case art/covers for my video game library. Yet the only way to actually get the print outs (DVD case art) to equal the visual quality and color depth of the images displayed on my PC monitor is for me to set it to Photo print settings/presets with the Vivid colors box ticked which burns through ink LIKE FRICKIN' CRAZY. Hence why I keep having to buy new ink at an absurd frequency. Also I am having to print them on Ultra-Glossy photo paper because any other type such as matte, semi-gloss, or brochure paper comes out looking like the image had the contrast set to max of which muddles all of the damned colors down. I have included an example of how drastically different the end print outs become when I print one on the Photo presets with Vivid checked onto ultra high gloss paper and the other on any other preset. I dont know if this matters or not, but I am having to print the images through IrfanView image viewer due to the fact that any and all other image viewing programs never print out the ACTUAL SIZE of the image on the PC monitor while instead resizing the printed image on its own. The printer I am using is a Canon MX890 by the way. ANY help would be IMMENSELY appreciated!!

dc_gta2_2 ORIGINAL COLOR.jpgdc_gta2_2.jpg

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The issue that you are experiencing may be related to the type of paper that you are using.  Using a different type of paper may provide better results with your particular images.

If additional assistance is needed, feel free to call us at 1-800-OKCANON.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements