cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MFC644 Print Density Problem

fmitman
Apprentice

I'm having trouble with black printing too light from my MFC644.  I have Cannon cartridges installed and I have used the printer preferences to adjust printer density to the darkest (for black), but nothing changes.  My apologies if I hav posted this to the wrong board.

Regards,

fmitman

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

Are you printing black text? Or is it gray?

Does it happen from any application you print from?  What paper type or media are you printing on.

I haven't had to adjust density and have my 644 and 656 set to defaults.  

If you still can't get the results you're looking for. I would contact support and see if they can assist.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Rick,

Appreciate the response.  It is happening from all applications, from two different computers (both running Windows 10), using normal (pretty cheap) paper that I have used for years.  The text is black in the applications (like notepad, ms word, & etc.).

Interestingly (I guess - and I just tried this), I have the same result when copying B& W from the printer glass.  When I put the density up to max when I do the copying, the print is slightly darker.  And I thought it was my printer drivers causing the problem.  Maybe not.

Regards,

Floyd

Announcements