cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF8580CDW Scan Problems from scanner to computer

rba
Contributor

Hello, everything was working just fine until a couple of days ago.  I usually scan from the MF8580CDW by: select scan type > computer > select destination > custom 1 > confirm destination.  Today I receive the following error on my computer: "MF Toolbow that is supported by the scanner you are using may not be installed on your computer. Install the appropriate MF Toolbox, and then perform the operation again."

However, when I scan FROM MF Toolbox 4.9 > custom 1 > Start > it scans.

I much prefer to scan from the scanner because I don't want to keep walking back and forth.  I have a PC with Windows 7.

Thank you for your help.

6 REPLIES 6

Patrice
Whiz

Hi rba.

I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the MF Toolbox software.  Please follow the instructions below:

1. Open [Programs and Features].

2. Select [Canon MF Toolbox 4.9], and then click [Uninstall].

3. Click [Remove].

4. Click [Exit]. 

Next, reinstall the MF Toolbox:

1. Insert the User Software CD-ROM into the slot on your computer.

2. Click [Custom Installation].

3. Check only the MF Toolbox checkbox, and then select install.

4.  Restart the computer.

Next, verify that the Toolbox software is closed on the computer and scan a document.  Please ensure that you are logged into an administrator account.

I hope this information is helpful to you.  If the error persists, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello, thanks for your reply.  However, I am still getting the same error message.  I had to download MF Toolbox from Canon support and it is ".mf17". Thank you for taking the time to answer.  I wish it had worked.

Did you solve your problem? I have the same one.

Yes that problem is solved. I might have ended up calling Canon support.  They are very helpful.  I've called them a few times for another issue, which I have now written down how to solve. I suggest calling them.  Good luck!

What did you do to solve that problem?

I don't remember exactly what I did.  As I said earlier, I may have called for help.  However, I do know that I deleted the existing MF Toolbox that was on my computer and downloaded a new one from the Canon website.  It's also possible that I deleted and reinstalled the printer (which only takes a minute). To do that go to your control panel > Hardware & Sound > Devices & Printers > select your printer and delete it.  Then add printer.  Hope this helps.

Announcements