cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF8500C series driver is unavailable

rba
Contributor

How to fix this so my printer will print? I have Windows 8.1.  Thank you for your help.

1 REPLY 1

Patrice
Whiz

Hi rba.

I will be glad to assist you.

The file that you download from the Canon website is .ZIP file.  When you select [RUN], it unpacks the setup folder.  Please disconnect the printer from the computer and follow the instructions below to install the printer:

1.  Open your [Downloads] folder.

2.  You will see two icons with the name: MF8500C_Series_PCL_MFDrivers_W64_us_EN_1.exe. Double-click on the yellow folder icon with this name.

3.  In the folder you will see two listings for [Setup].  Double-click on the [Setup] that has the type as [Application].

4.  The "MF Drivers Setup Wizard" will open.  Proceed through the steps and restart the computer.

5.  After restarting the computer, connect the USB cable and allow the installation to complete.

6.  Print a document.

I hope this information is helpful to you.  Should you need further assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements