cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF8380Cdw takes minutes to start printing anything, even when warmed up

alien_technolog
Apprentice

Using a Canon color laser MF8380Cdw as a personal printer, it takes a very long time to start printing.

Specs:

Canon MF8380Cdw

Print drivers downloaded from Canon and installed August 2017

Connected via USB 

Windows 8.1 Pro

8 core 4Ghz CPU

32GB RAM

SSD

Example of what I mean by slow:

I woke printer by pressing Energy Saver button, printed a document to let the printer warm up.  Then using Notepad, printed a single page containing just the word "Test".  It took 3 minutes to print.

I have tried:

• replacing USB cable
  • connecting via LAN
  • updating printer drivers
  • stopping print spooler service, clearing spool folder (already empty), restarting service
  • connecting the printer to a different PC with a different USB, Windows 10, fresh Canon drivers

1 REPLY 1

Sonya1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello alien_technolog,

Since your Color imageCLASS MF8380Cdw is taking a long time to print, I recommend you connect your MF8380Cdw's power cord directly to a wall outlet and ensure the USB cable isn't longer than 8 feet.  If your MF8380Cdw is already setup like this, I recommend contacting us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) for further assistance.  I understand that the forum may be your preferred method of communication; however, speaking with our telephone technical support group will be very beneficial in this case.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements