cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF8280CW WIRELESSLY PRINTING BUT NOT SCANNING

titaniuminc
Apprentice

Hello ! I have a Canon MF8280Cw connected wirelessly through wifi to all my computers (all mac os). I used to be able to scan wirelessly with no flaws but for some reason now i am not. Mac shows Error code: 2100010

18 REPLIES 18

Ekran Resmi 2019-12-22 03.46.02.png

Followed inst. but still not able to scan.

I've also hit a dead end. 

The only way I can get this to work is to unplug the unit and reboot it, and then it works the first time, and not again after. Did you ever figure out a solution? 

For HOME USERS and SMALL OFFICES:

FOR Apple Mac users, including macOS Catalina.

Go to the printer, select STATUS MONITOR > NETWORK INFORMATION > IPv4 to get the network address of the printer.

Open Canon MF Scan Utility then select NETWORK SCANNER SETTINGS to get the MAC ADDRESS of the printer.

Then HARD CODE the IP and MAC in your Router

This also works for the Color imageCLASS MF642Cdw

billfinkri
Apprentice
Like many of you (us) I too spent a ton of time researching this particular situation, but... in Canon's defense this is actually a GOOD security practice. I will explain why following what I say is the "fix?" (not really a fix) work-around to make this happen. While AT the scanner, press the "SCAN" button. You _HAVE_ to be AT the scanner, select the scanner menu, and begin scanning "To Computer." (It's a setting where you wish to scan-to inside that 'scan menu.') Once you set it to "computer" and begin scanning, you'll see it (magically) appear in your scanner software of choice. I TOO recall I USED to be able to sit back (across the room for example) - go to printers, then select 'scan' and if I recall, it would just 'scan' and all would be fine. ...BUT, think about this: In a small office environment, if payroll (for example) were scanning employees checks (to copy them for what ever reason) this PREVENTs someone at/in a remote office from 'running the scanner on them while the checks are on the glass' by accident. Sorry, that's my quick reasoning and I hope I typed it well enough to easily understand/understand why. Help any?

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my question.  In the interim since I originally posted I was able to solve the problem and, yes, it is as simple as you've written.   Everything appears to be working correctly now. 

We have a Toshiba laptop that the printer will not recognize. Not listed in the available computers on the printer, uninstalled and reinstalled printer drivers and ToolBox. ToolBox won't open on computer for Scan to. any ideas? Is there a windows 10 setting I should check that may be blocking the printer from talkig to the computer?

billfinkri
Apprentice
Thought I'd share this with you all, again, and hope it helps. (It's been years, but heed, these Canon's work very well (scanning/printing/etc..) With Apple's Mac. In all fairness, Apple has (still) needs to come a long way way with PnP with printers. I'm a professional geek-oid, and it's still not for the faint at heart. But...here goes again, and I hope my example was worded well enough. (We ALL have different environments, please keep that in mind, too.) Like many of you (us) I too spent a ton of time researching this particular situation, but... in Canon's defense this is actually a GOOD security practice. I will explain why following what I say is the "fix?" (not really a fix) work-around to make this happen. While AT the scanner, press the "SCAN" button. You _HAVE_ to be AT the scanner, select the scanner menu, and begin scanning "To Computer." (It's a setting where you wish to scan-to inside that 'scan menu.') Once you set it to "computer" and begin scanning, you'll see it (magically) appear in your scanner software of choice. (Of course, your Mac needs to be prepared for the remote scan - the Canon software will be waiting on your Mac you've already setup and told to wait for your scan, right?) I TOO recall I USED to be able to sit back (across the room for example) - go to printers, then select 'scan' and if I recall, it would just 'scan' and all would be fine. ...BUT, think about this: In a small office environment, if payroll (for example) were scanning employees checks (to copy them for what ever reason) this PREVENTs someone at/in a remote office (even inside your same bldg) from 'running the scanner capture on THEIR machine while the checks are on the glass' and by accident scans those checks AR/AP had on the scanning glass. Makes sense? Sorry, that's my quick reasoning and I hope I typed it well enough to easily understand/understand why. Help any?

alpaslandursun
Contributor
Maybe you’re see admin ))
Announcements