cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF8080 Printer scan driver problem on Mac Pro

michaelzxu
Apprentice

I purchased a image class MF8080cw printer recently and downloaded the scan driver from Canon website.  I was able to print from my Mac Pro but not scan.  The print won't find the Mac, however, no problem to find two PC I have.  Anyone have a clue.  Thanks.  Michael.

5 REPLIES 5

michaelzxu
Apprentice

When I select Printer & Scan from System Preferences and click Open scan, it will display an error msg stated: 

Scanner reported an error

Cannot scan because of the following:

-Scan type set on the scanner is incorrect

-Scanner is busy

-Error occurred in the scanner

-Scanner is in Sleep mode

Check teh scanner status and try again.

Scanner driver will be terminated.

Error code: 2100010

I am sure Scanner is not busy, not in sleep mode, scan type is correct.  Not sure what error occurred.  Anyone know what should I do next?  Thanks.  Michael

Julius
Rising Star

Hi michaelzxu!

Are you setting the imageCLASS MF8080 for "Remote Scanner" mode, scanning from the operation panel on the front of the unit, or trying to scan from a computer?  If you're trying to scan directly from the operation panel on the front of the MF8080, are you able to scan after placing the unit in "Remote Scanner" mode and then pressing the SCAN button?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have same problem. I am tring to scan from mac and says same things. also when I click scan>pc1 on mf I can see pcs but I dont see my mac.(mf is in wireless mode on network)

any reply?

I'm having the same problem too.  On the MF I have it in SCAN mode and selected "Remote Scanner" option, then on my Mac I go to Applications/Canon MF Utilities/MF Toolbox.  Once I launch the MF Tool  I immediately get "Cannot communicate with the selected scanner. The scanner may not be connected, or may be turned off" but obviously that is NOT the case.  So I hit "okay" then go to menu "MF Toolbox/Networking Scanner Settings.." from there a new window "Network Scanner" will pop up and I click the plus sign to add the MF Scanner.  Another window "Add Network Scanner" will pop up and I'll see the printer in the Bonjour Name field.  I then select the "Canon MF8000C Series" and it will start to search for ibut in the MAC Address field I'll get "Could not acquire".  I then tried inputting the MAC Address manually through the ip Address option in the Network Scanner field but still no luck.  I'm going to continue experimenting with this before I contact Canon tomorrow.  Great multiprinter but really complicated for no reason.

Announcements