cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF8050Cn printer errors on print

johbas
Apprentice

Hi.   We were given a MF8050Cn  printer in good condition from a friend. It copys ok, but when I request a print from my

Surface (on Windows 10 via a LAN connection)   where I have the Canon printer software installed, it errors.  There is no error code in the printer's print log and no hardware alarm.  All ink cartridges appear to be ok.

It appears to not be responding at all to the print requests.

How can I check from the printer console whether it is communicating properly with my Surface?

Thanks for your help.

John

5 REPLIES 5

Patrice
Whiz

Hi johbas.

Please uninstall and reinstall the drivers.  To uninstall the drivers, please follow the instructions below:

1. Right-click the Start button and select Control Panel. Choose View Devices and Printers.

2. In the Devices and Printers window, right click on the MF8000 Series and select 'Remove' to delete the printer. Delete all of the icons for the MF8050Cn.

3. Right-click the Start button and select Control Panel. Choose 'Programs' -> 'Programs and Features'.

4. Double click on Canon driver to uninstall. Follow the on screen prompts.

5. Restart your computer.

After your computer restarts and you are on your Desktop screen, before you reconnect the printer to your computer, you can download and install drivers and software for your printer by following the steps below.

1. Click HERE to go to the Drivers & Downloads page for your MF8050Cn.

2. The Drivers & Downloads page will open for the selected model.

Note: This page automatically detects your computer's operating system so that only the compatible drivers and software will be available for download.

3. Files recommended for your printer and Operating System will be listed in the Drivers section.

4. Click on the SELECT button next to  to download the drivers.

5. Click on the DOWNLOAD button to save the file to your computer.

6. Once the download is complete, double-click the file from its download location to decompress them. A new folder will be created in the same folder. The new folder will have the same name as the compressed file. (When you select [RUN], it unpacks the setup folder.)

7. Open your [Downloads] (or [Documents]) folder.

8. You will see two icons with the name: MF8050CnMFDriversV2005bW64usEN. Double-click on the yellow folder icon with this name.

9. In the folder you will see two listings for [Setup]. Double-click on the [Setup] that has the type as [Application].

10. The "MF Drivers Setup Wizard" will open. Proceed through the on-screen steps for [Network Connection].

11. Allow the installation to complete and then restart the computer.

Next, please follow these steps to set the MF8050Cn as your default printer:

1. Open the Printers Folder:

* Right-click the Start button and select Control Panel. Choose View Devices and Printers.

2. If there is more than one Canon printer icon shown, right-click on the printer driver you wish to use and left-Click 'Set as Default Printer'.

3. If the printer icons are stacked, right click on the printer icon shown and hold the mouse on 'Set as Default Printer' until the full list of drivers appears. Left click on the UFR II printer driver to use.

4. When the printer has been set as the default printer, a check mark is displayed beside the printer icon.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I continue to have errors on my MF8050CN. I have downloaded the reccommended drivers, but it will not install on my windows 11 OS. It will eventually says "not  responding". It worked fine on windows 10.

Greetings,

This is a 5 yr old thread. The 8050Cn is also getting older now.  Its not officially supported under windows 11.  Windows 10 drivers might work with a limited feature set.

If using USB, the printer drivers should be installed first or do not connect the printer until prompted to do so.  If you are using a surface dock, try connecting the printer directly to an available port on the device.  Results may vary depending on the hardware.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

johbas
Apprentice

Hi. I deinstalled and reinstalled the drivers and patch for scan   It still errors with no error code displayed, no

hardware error flashing, just an error status returned to the Surface and to the MF8050 queue.  Any ideas?

John

Hi John.

Thank you for writing back to us.

We will have to recommend that you contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) for further assistance.  We understand that the forum may be your preferred method of communication, but the live feedback that is available with the telephone call will be very beneficial in this case.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements