cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF644cdw streaks on plain paper

dennis1953
Apprentice

MF644cdw leaves streaks on plain paper. just replaced toner( not canon) but toner I have used before and did not have this issue until toner was low. leaving blue & yellow streaks horizontal from top to bottom. Print is just fine on issues with print quality. Not sure if this printer has a drum since the help on canon site is not very good.Looking for some help to resolve this before I buy another printer. This one is about 3 years old.

4 REPLIES 4

edgewriter
Apprentice

When I have had this issue on my printer it was the drum that was the issue. Either ink was leaking from the edge of the drum or some junk got stuck to the roller. Might want to check that out. I have usually fixed it by replacing the drum. Especially if the lines are at the edges of the paper. When there were dots in the middle of each page I was able to carefully clean the spot off of the drum and it worked fine afterwards. 

Where is the drum and how do you get to it?

dennis1953
Apprentice

Thanks I have been looking for the part for this MF644cdw printer but not sure if there is a drum in this printer.

edgewriter
Apprentice

Evidently your printer toner cartridges are different than mine. they have the drum included. It's not seperate. I saw something here that might help, https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Office-Printers/MF644Cdw-yellow-streaks/m-p/292277

Announcements