cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF4890DW Stuck in Fax Mode

tomtam6
Apprentice

After trying to power it off several times, once the printer's fax button is selected no other modes are available. The processing/data light continues to blink and the only menu I can scroll through is "start receiving". I'm unable to send outgoing faxes or select anything else. Please advise. 

1 REPLY 1

Patrice
Whiz

Hi tomtam6.

I will be glad to assist you.

It sounds like the fax line is open and actively waiting for an incoming fax, which is why you see "Start Receiving" on the display, and the Processing Data light is blinking. 

Please verify that the telephone line, coming from the wall to the back of the machine, is connected to the bottom port, which is the [L] port.  Please see the picture below:

If you are connecting an answering machine or telephone, they should be plugged into the port right above the [L] port.

I hope this information is helpful to you.  Should you need further assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements