cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF4890 - Unable to print from Android.

uofaer
Apprentice
I have a brand new wireless MF4890 that I am unable to get to print from my android device. It seems as though the Canon Mobile printing app isn't available for android devices? My guess the reason for this is that there is no drivers for Canon's UFR II protocol. Does anybody know if the mobile printing app is coming to Android soon? It would be a shame to have to return this printer. Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3

Deborah
Enthusiast

Hi uofaer,

The imageCLASS MF4890dw is a good choice, however the Mobile Printing capability supports printing via iPhone and iPad mobile devices.  A Mobile App for Android devices has not been announced and is unknown at this time.  Should you decide to stay with your MF4890dw, it is a great all-around machine and offers many useful and convenient features.  Whichever you decide, I am sorry for any inconvenience experienced.

For more information on Mobile Printing and Canon imageCLASS laser products, click here

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

prashanth
Apprentice

You can follow this alternative

You can use google cloud print to print from your android phone to any printer.

The requirements are;

Printer

PC

Chrome browser installed on PC and running

Internet connectivity - both on Android and PC

A cloud print app installed on your Android device.

You can print from your android phone wirelessly if you meet the above. No matter where you are in the world! Print remotely fron any part of the world.

Find the tutorial here

This is awesome article......thanks

perfect pool set

Announcements