cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF4890 Scanner not working

ecroberts
Apprentice

My company recently bought a MF4890 multifunction and although we can print to it fine, we are unable to get the scanner working through the network. I Have downloaded all of the drivers to no avail. I have also been on the phone with tech support for both canon and the router (D-Link) and have found nothing that could be causing the scanner to not work.

As I said, I am able to print from both types computers and am able to access the UI in the web browser.

The two computers I am using are a Windows 7(x64) laptop and a Mac with OSX 10.7

The last thing the Canon tech said was that it had to be something on the computer blocking the scanner. I can't for the life of me what could be blocking it.  Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

Deborah
Enthusiast

Hi ecroberts,

Sorry to hear about the difficulty you are having scanning.  Due to the technical nature of the issue, it is recommended to contact us via email for further support by clicking here.  We'll be glad to offer additional assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements