cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF216N won't print any fax error message no paper even if the printer is full of paper

HichLao
Apprentice

Hi Canon Comunity

I need your support to fix an issue that I have with the printer MF216n connected to the fax.

I can send and receive Fax without issue but the printer wont print it no matter what I do.

I tried to use the memory and lunch the printing by deactivation the memory option nothing still have the same error message of Cas 1 no paper A4 Ordinary.

I tried to put paper on both Cassette 1 and Bac FM but nothing.

In the error message the resume buton is gray and I can't use it I can only cancel the printing of the fax and delete the fax.

is there any solution to my issue ?

BEst regards,

HichLao

2 REPLIES 2

Patrice
Whiz

Hi HichLao.

Please verify that the paper settings on the machine are set for A4 size paper by following the instructions below:

1.  Press  and tap <Paper Set.>.

2.  Tap <MP Tray> or <Drawer 1>.

3.  Select <A4>.

If the loaded paper size is not displayed, tap <Other Sizes>.

4.  Select the loaded paper type.

Once you have selected the paper size, please verify if you still receive an error.  If the error persists, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you so much Patrice that actually solved my issue
the paper setting was on A4 but not the orinal paper and that's why it wasn't working.
I shoud look deeper next time cause I checket the paper set but without going deepend in the A4 Selected.
Thank you again and have a nice day
Announcements