cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF Toolbox not working Windows 8

CptJakMorgn
Apprentice

Hey peeps, hope you can help me.

I have a MF4550d Multifunctional printer and i think other one is MF4780w.

Issue in windows 7 u could go to printer put pages in top feeder select scan select computer, and it wud scan to pc bringing up the MF toolbox by itself.

Windows 8 the toolbox comes up stays on 0% scanned, then later printer would say canceled.

I have downloaded latest drivers off website and toolbox.

Tried on windows8 and 8.1 64Bit

1 REPLY 1

flacoface
Apprentice

I copied this from an earlier forum post. It worked for me;

Re: MF Toolbox Application has stopped working. 6100 Series Why?

Hi pamdivision16.

I understand that you are experiencing issues with installing the drivers and software for the imageCLASS MF6100 series.  Looking over the error information, there appears to be a conflict with the TWAIN driver, between the MF6160 and your Dell Photo Printer.  If you are no longer using the Dell printer, we recommend uninstalling the drivers and software.  You may want to contact Dell for assistance with this.

If you are still using the Dell printer, we recommend moving the Dell TWAIN Driver from the TWAIN_32 folder.  Please uninstall the imageCLASS MF6100 series and then follow the steps below to move the Dell information:

1. Click the [File Explorer] icon in the bottom left corner of the desktop.
  2. Click [Computer] in the left column.
  3. Double-click the C:// drive.
  4. Double-click the [Windows] folder.
  5. Double-click the [TWAIN_32] folder.
  6. Drag the Dell printer to your desktop.  Leave the WIA.DS file.
  7. Restart your computer.

After restarting the computer, reinstall the drivers and software.  If you are connecting by USB, please leave the USB cable disconnected until you have reinstalled the drivers and restarted the computer.  After restarting the computer, please perform a scan.

I hope this information is helpful to you.  Should you need further assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and a representative will be able to assist you.  Have a good day.

Announcements