cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF 4800 Scanner and MF Toolbox don't work

kickingwater
Apprentice

I have two issues that may be related.  I cannot scan no matter which method I try.  From the panel I can get to "Scanning..." but it flips to "an error has occurred" screen.

Second, any attempt to open the MF Toolbox results in "MF Toolbax Application has stopped working". I have tried reloading the drivers and toolbax from the disk.

Using Windows 7 Home Premium

3 REPLIES 3

Patrice
Whiz

Hi kickingwater.

So that I can better assist you, please follow the instructions below and verify the exact error message that you receive on the screen:

1.  Verify that MF Toolbox is closed on the computer and press the [SCAN] button on the printer.

2.  Highlight [Remote Scanner] and press [OK].  The screen will show, "Remote Scanner. Waiting online...".

3.  On the computer, open the MF Toolbox and select [PDF].

4.  Click the green [START] button on the [PDF] window.  The machine will start processing the scan.

Please include in your reply the exact model number of your machine (MF4880dw or MF4890dw) and how the printer is connected with the computer.  Should you need immediate assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-6562-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Patrice,

Thanks for responding.  I can only get to your step 3 and then I hit a roadblock because MF Toolbox comes back with:

"MF Toolbox has stopped working.  A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

I have attempted twice to re-install the software from the disk.

dmoney
Apprentice

my scanner does not work but my printer does. I have the MF4880DW. I followed the instruction you gave to press remote fax on the printer and then click PDF on tool box but it gave me "A supported scanner is not installed, Please install a supported scanner and restart toolbox" need help please. Thanks in advance

Announcements