cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF 4150 compatible with windows 8??>

ttom777
Apprentice

22 REPLIES 22

Yes. I think that downloading the software and the drives seperately solves this problem easily. I tried setting the WIA to auto still l was not successful. No need going through that long and difficult wia process. Just get the drivers and software downloaded and installed seperately and it will do it.

Profiler54
Apprentice

I have followed all the recommendations listed in this post but to no avail.  I can print with my MF4150 but can no longer scan using the toolbox scan function.  It repeatedly gives me the message that the cable must be disconnected.  I have reinstalled the latest driver and stopped WIA but I still cannot get the scanner to function.  

So is it Windows 8.1 or is it failure on Canon's part to provide a workable driver for the Toolbox?  Either way it is frutrating to get a new laptop and not be able to use an important function that I need for my business. So what options are left besides buying a new printer that will work with 8.1?

Hi Profiler54!

Please restart the WIA service.  The scanner will not function if this service is stopped.  After you have restarted the service, please disconnect the printer from the computer and uninstall the drivers and software by following the steps below:

1.  Press the Windows key and 'x'.

2.  Select 'Control Panel'.

3.  Select Devices and Printers.  The Devices and Printers window opens.

4.  In the Devices and Printers window, right click on the MF4100 Series and select 'Remove' to delete the printer.  Delete all of the icons for the MF4150.

5.  Close the Devices and Printers window then press the Windows key and 'x'.

6.  Select 'Control Panel'.

7.  Select 'Programs and Features'.

8.  Double click on driver to uninstall.  Follow the on screen prompts.  Repeat to uninstall the MF Tool box.

Next, restart the computer and, leaving the USB cable disconnected, download and install the latest drivers from the Canon USA website by following the steps below:

1.  Visit our web site at: http://www.usa.canon.com

2.  After clicking SUPPORT & DRIVERS in the top right corner, select your model in the following manner:

a.  From the first menu, select CONSUMER & HOME OFFICE.

b.  From the second menu, select PRINTERS & MULTIFUNCTION.

c.  From the third menu, select your series, BLACK & WHITES LASER MULTIFUNCTION SERIES.

d.  From the fourth menu, click DRIVERS & SOFTWARE under imageCLASS MF4150.

3.  Click the drop-down arrow and change the operating system to Windows 8 (x64).

4.  Click on 'DRIVERS', then click on [Windows 64bit] imageCLASS MF4150 MF Drivers file.

5.  Click on I Agree - Begin Download on the next page.

6.  When the Save As box comes up, choose Desktop and click Save. 

7.  Once the download is complete, click on 'I Decline- Go Back' and you will return to the previous page.

8.  Click on 'SOFTWARE', then click on the [Windows 32bit & 64bit] Tool Box Ver.4.9.1 file.

9.  Click on I Agree - Begin Download on the next page.

10.  When the Save As box comes up, choose Desktop and click Save. 

11.  Once the download is complete, close all windows.

***NOTE***

Downloaded files are saved in the specified folder in a self-extracting format (.exe format).  Double-click the files to decompress them.  A new folder will be created in the same area.  The new folder will have the same name as the compressed file.  Double-click the decompressed Setup folder and you will see two options for 'Setup'.  Double-click on the 'Setup' with the type 'Application'.  The "Drivers/Software Setup Wizard" will open.

***NOTE***

12.  Double click the [ToolBox_4911mf15_Win_EN.exe ] file on the Desktop.  Follow the prompts to install the MF Toolbox.

13.  Double click the [MF4150_MFDrivers_W64_us_EN_2.exe] files to decompress them.  A new folder will be created on the Desktop.  The new folder has the same name as the decompressed file.  Double-click the decompressed Setup.exe file to start installation.

14.  Once that window goes away, connect the USB cable from the MF4150 to the computer.  Installation will complete.

Next, perform scan by following the steps below:

1.  Verify that MF Toolbox is closed on the computer, place a document in the feeder or on the glass, and press the [SCAN] button on the printer.
2.  The screen will show, "Scanning Mode...".
3.  On the computer, open the MF Toolbox and select [PDF].
4.  Click the green [START] button on the [PDF] window.  The machine will start processing the scan.

I hope this information is helpful to you.  Should you need further assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).  Have a good day.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Excellent, it worked perfectly.  Thank you

My multifunction is connected over the ethernet and I used to be able to scan over the network when I run Windows 7 x64.  Now that I like to upgrade my desktop to Windows 8.1 x64, it doesn't seems the driver works anymore?  I am not interested to connect my desktop to the multifunction via a USB cable.

I installed both the Toolbox and also the driver but when I launch the app, I get the error dialog "There is no scanner selected.  Please select a scanner".

Any help will be much appreaciated.  Thank you.

Hi hkok.

Because the imageCLASS MF4150 is not a network printer, may I have you reply back with the model number of your imageCLASS unit?

Also, please try the steps below and verify if you receive the same error:

1. Verify that MF Toolbox is closed on the computer and press the [SCAN] button on the printer.
  2. Highlight [Remote Scanner] and press [OK].  The screen will show, "Remote Scanner. Waiting online...".
  3. On the computer, open the MF Toolbox and select [PDF].
  4. Click the green [START] button on the [PDF] window.  The machine will start processing the scan.

I look forward to your reply.  If you should need immediate assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666). 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

did not work for me

This is a Windows 7 question, but seems related.

I went through the installation process as described, and everything seemed to complete successfully.

I'm able to print, and to initiate a scan from Devices & Printers, no problem.

When I try to initate a scan using the Start button on the MF4150, the toolbox opens on the PC; however, that's all that happens. The bubble above the Save option shows the green start button icon, but nothing happens. Clicking on the icon doesn't do anything.

Any help? This isn't a huge problem, but would be nice if it would at least launch the scan interface.

FWIW the WIA services is running.

Thanks for any help.

Hi donlivezey.

What is the name of the MF Toolbox file that you downloaded from the Canon website?

I look forward to your reply.  Should you need immediate assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements