tomor
Apprentice

yes, it prints

no, it does not scan

does anyone have a scaning solution?

Julius
Rising Star

Hi ttom777 & tomor!

The imageCLASS MF4150 Toolbox is supported in Windows 8, so you'll be able to use the MF4150 once the updated software has been downloaded and installed.

You can download the Toolbox software from the Canon USA website at:

http://bit.ly/92Krob

Be sure to select the appropriate operating system version (32 or 64 bit). From here, you'll want to download the ToolBox_4911mf13_Win_EN.exe file.

If you run into any problems, shoot us an email at bitly.com/ContactCanon with your contact information.  We'll be sure to get you taken care of from there.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

cleko
Contributor

There is a compatibility issue between Windows 8 and Cannon Imageclass scan function. It will not recognize the scanner. The printer driver works fine. Wonder if someone at Cannon can resolve this issue.

You can now print AND SCAN!

I had to reinstall my toolbol app, so perhaps it's prone to corruption or something, still I can now scan Ok. Hope that helps.

gracare_
Contributor

I downloaded and installed the image class mf 4150  driver and toolbox into my windows 8 laptop .

I can print documents but cannot scan. I have redownloaded and reinstall many times. The printer and tool box icons do not appear on my desk top.

You may have multiple copies of the program on your hard drive. Go to programs, in control panel and check.

Concerning the scan issue,here is the latest fix.

HERE IS AN UPDATE. HAD THE ISSUE AGAIN A FEW DAYS AGO AND SPOKE TO CANON TECH. PREVIOUSLY, THEY TOLD YOU TO TRY RELOADING THE DRIVERS. HOWEVER, THEY CLEARLY NOW BELIEVE IT IS A WINDOWS ISSUE. THE IMAGE ACQUISITION SOFTWARE IS FREEZING UP. RIGHT NOW THE FIX IS TO GO INTO CONTROL PANEL .> ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS > SERVICES> WINDOWS IMAGE ACQUISITION (WIA) >  CLICK STOP AND LET IT TIME OUT > REBOOT COMPUTER. ALL I CAN TELL YOU IS IT WORKED FOR ME TWICE!

Hi Cleko.

I really have tried  redownloading and reinstalling of the software and drivers of  canon image class mf 4150. I can print but still cannot scan.

I got to WIA.  and click services. i could not click stop  because it is not highlighted and even when i tried to click stop it was unresponsive,  only start is highlighted. It is set to manual. Do you want me to set it to auto?

Thank you so much.

For the incompactibility of canon image class mf 4150 with windows  8

1).  I downloaded and installed the driver and ran the set up.

2)  I Downloaded and installed  the software which contains the toolbox and ran the setup.

The above 2 procedures should be run seperately.

I printed and scanned my documents and i was successful..

Try this and i promise you that it will work for you

Yes, set on auto, then go throught the rest of th steps. The reloading of the software was the original fix for the issue. However, this other fix is an update. If it happen again to the scan software, you can test that it is the WIA issue by trying Paint, the Windows program, and try aquiring an image with Paint. You should get the same freeze up. If it does, no need to reload all the drivers again. Try the other fix

Announcements