cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MB5150 erroneously prints multiple pages

PenningrothC
Apprentice

My five year old MB5100-series printer began yesterday to erroneously print multiple copies of single-page jobs; the tendency was to print three copies but some single-page jobs printed up to five copies. 

I'm printing from a Windows 10 PC via a relatively new wifi network in which the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands have the same SSID; I'm wondering if the printer is receiving multiple single-page job commands due to the PC or the printer toggling between the two bands? I've had some issues scanning from the device back to the PC as well. 

Side issue: Entering "Printer erroneously prints multiple copies" into the forum/community search bar resulted in an error. Entering "Multiple copies" returned unhelpful results. 

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, PenningrothC!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using within the MAXIFY MB5100 series.  You'll find the model number on the front of the unit at the upper right. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi Danny! Thank you for the reply. The model is MB5150. 

After turning it on/off two or three times, it seems to have stopped printing multiple pages.

For whatever it's worth, the ISP sent a technician out, he indicated the network should not be the issue. 

The same has been happening to me for the last few months. I check, and only have 1 copy selected. Just came back to my printer. 13 copies a  page colour document. Not great - lts of ink and paper wastage.
and 20 copies of a single page. So even how many extra pages it does is inconsistent.

I have MB5160 model.

This has been happening on and off for a few months. Initailly I wondered if I was at fault, but I double check and I have only chosen 1 copy.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements