cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laser printer has plastic sheet stuck

Dneill79
Contributor

I have an LBP6030w Laser Printer and have been running overhead projector sheets in it with no problem.  Well, it decided to eat one of them.  The plastic sheet wrapped around the heat roller and I cannot get it out.  Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Dneil79,

The issue described may indiciate a service issue.  To determine if this is the case, I recommend giving Canon a direct call.  Service issues are handled by Canon's Desktop Printing and Imaging Solutions telephone technical support group.  Please call Canon's Desktop Printing and Imaging Solutions Department at 1-800 OK CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

James_C

Hi Dneill79

When a paper jam occurs, a message appears in the Printer Status window.

Procedure for Clearing Paper Jams

Be sure to perform the following procedure to remove the jammed paper.

1. Holding the opening (A) on the right side, open the top cover.

Do not pull out the jammed paper forcefully even if you can see it but remove it follwing the described procedure.

2. Remove the toner cartridge.

Immediately place the removed toner cartridge into the original protective bag or wrap it with a thick cloth.

3. Remove any jammed paper.

If the paper is jammed at the output area or inside the printer

1. Hold ends of the paper, and then pull it out downward slowly.
  2. Remove the paper by pulling it gently.

If the paper is jammed in the paper source
Remove the paper by pulling it gently.

4. Install the toner cartridge.
Push the toner cartridge into the printer firmly until it touches the back of the printer while aligning (A) on sides of the toner cartridge with the toner cartridge guides inside the printer.

5. Close the top cover.
The message which indicates a paper jam disappears, and the printer is ready to print.

If you cannot close the top cover
Make sure that the toner cartridge is installed in the printer properly. Do not try to forcefully close the top cover, as this may damage the printer.

If the issue continues the unit may require service.  Service issues are handled, exclusively, by our Desktop Printing and Imaging Solutions telephone technical support group.  Please call our Desktop Printing and Imaging Solutions Department at 1-800 OK CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). 

The support representative will be able to assist you further. 

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Dneill79
Contributor
I believe that it is melted onto the roller. It will not come out.

Hello, Dneill79,

If the above does not clear the message, you'll want to contact support for other options.

The information can be found here: http://Canon.us/ContactCF  

Dneill79
Contributor
There is no message. It just stopped working. I have contacted customer support and they have not replied.

Hi Dneil79,

The issue described may indiciate a service issue.  To determine if this is the case, I recommend giving Canon a direct call.  Service issues are handled by Canon's Desktop Printing and Imaging Solutions telephone technical support group.  Please call Canon's Desktop Printing and Imaging Solutions Department at 1-800 OK CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). 

Announcements