cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LBP7110Cw - Wireless?

spodium004
Apprentice

I just purchased a laser printer (LBP7110Cw) and cannot get it to connect to my wireless...any tips?...

To be more specific - the printer is set up and usable with my desktop computer (running Windows 7 - 64bit) via USB, but I also want to be able to use my laptop (Windows 8.1) wirelessly. When I try to have the printer connect to my AT&T U-verse router, it does nto connect.

2 REPLIES 2

spodium004
Apprentice

ok...I am replying to myself because I think it may help someone...this whole thing about finding and pressing the WPS button on your wireless router (that seems to cause many people grief for many reasons) seems a little silly to me.

Once I read thru the .pdf file (wireless_setup_manual_V2.pdf) that I found under 'Brochures and Manuals' on the Canon site, the process became very easy. When followed these instructions step-by-step, including connecting via USB first then setting up the wireless, I had no problems. This file shows 2 paths for connecting.

Path (1) involves pressing the WPS button and maybe that will work for some of you, but it di not work for me. Note: I have an AT&T U-Verse provided router (Motorola NVG589) which DOES have a very obvious WPS button right on the front, but still did NOT connect to the Canon printer!

Path (2) 'my wireless LAN connection does not have a WPS button or I cannot find the button' worked in like 10 seconds - I recommend trying that.

thx for the assist... the "Path (2)" method worked for me also...

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements