cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imagerunner 1435if / Shadow line at the bottom of the page

KrisCOJ
Apprentice

Have a new Canon IR1435if in my office at work.  When I scan letter size paper, it puts a "Shadow Line" at the bottom of the page.  This is a new printer, and I have inspected it for dust and debris, and there is none.  When I print out the scanned image (being fed via the feeder) the line appears across the bottom of my page and sometimes it is higher up than the absolute bottom of the page.  However, when I scan/feeder a legal size documrnent (8 1/2 X 14) there is no line at the bottom of the page, it is only happening of letter size pages.  I have run the copiers calabration tool, but the shadow line still exist, and will print out as such.  Any letter size document going through the feeder, whether being scanned by my computers Scan & Fax utility or scanned directly into a file in my computer, will have a "Shadow line", and working in the legal field, it is driving me nuts. Just has a new computer installed, and it is still doing it, so it ain't with the computer, as it was also doing it on my old computer.  Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3

Crista
Whiz

Hi KrisCOJ!

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forums!

Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products, but your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers who are in your area!

Thanks for the Heads Up, I don't mind contacting the dealer.  FYI - I do think it may be a issue with calabration.  I took a legal sheet and cut it so it would be just a little longer than a letter size one, an no line after the test scan.  Thanks for your prompt reply. 

I did phone the company and they sent a tech over to take a look at it.  The shadow line still appears even after a calibration, so it has eveyone scratching their heads.  Cannot tell is the problem is internal with the Scanner, or external with some type of interference.  Just had a new computer installed at my work desk and the scanner is still putting a line at the bottom, so I don't think the problem was in my system. 

Announcements