cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imageclass Lbp6230dw solid paper and error key, no wifi light

Clande4
Apprentice
  • I sent a print job to my imageclass lbp6230dw but before it pulls any paper I immediately turned the printer off manually.

Now after turning it back on the printer is not working anymore. The paper and error key lights are on solid orange no blinking. And the wifi blue light is completely off, no blinking or anything. Check the images.

I lost my connection to the printer. Now it cannot be connected through any means, wifi, wired or USB. The printer simply is unrecognizable.

What I have tried so far with no success:

1. Turning the printer off, even unplugged it, and turning it back on after 30 minutes.

2. Doing the same as above while pushing reset button at the back for 10 -20 seconds.

3. Checking the physical parts by opening the front and back lids and removing the toner.

4. Calling the customer support and going through all software fixes which was a deadend as no connection could be established. Finally the suggested taking it to some experts.

Now I am thinking if the machine is stuck with some error code and this needs to be wiped by force or maybe some circuits are just burnt. 

Any thoughts what could be the issue and the solution?

20231010_162148.jpg

• 20231010_162151.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I believe there is a paper jam.  Not actually a jam, but a piece of paper which you think didn't start feeding, but actually did.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I wish! But there's no paper pulled in. All my papers are intact. And still I opened the back panel as well as top lid and removed the toner to check for anything that could be triggering the paper key but all is clear.

How come the wifi out? And Ethernet and USB also can't be recognized. 

Do you know anywhere else to ask for help?

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi,

The printer will not connect or show ready while its in an error state or cannot complete its self test.

Please turn the device off, and unplug it from the wall.  Press and hold the power button for 30 sec.  Now release.  Reconnect to power and press the power button to power on the device.  

Results?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you Rick, 

It didn't work. Actually that is one of the very known methods to discharge and reset any sensor circuits that may cause the error key. But now I am thinking this might actually be some physical electrical damage. Any thoughts? Also where can I find a repair manual?

Announcements