cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imageclass D420 Issues

arj
Apprentice

My Canon Imageclass d420 refuses to print over USB from my HP Probook 440 running Windows 7 Professional x64. I have also had the same issue on other laptops. This is also my second printer of the same model, and I have replaced the usb cable. I get the same issue every time, including on my Lenovo t430. There are no entries in the event logs. I have tried every USB port. Running setup as administrator does not seem to help.

When installing, I have selected LPT1, USB000, and even created a new port. There is no change between the first two options. A new port simply does no respond.

When I install the printer the setup completes normally. When I print, the job immediately fails and the print job gets stuck in the queue. I get an error message that the USB Device is Not Recognized. When I unplug and plug the printer back in, the only device change is Unknown Device. When I try and update this device from Windows Update or the downloaded driver, it tells me the best driver for this device is already installed.

The printer has been removed and re-added many times, including from the registry under HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers\Canon D400-450.

I am using this driver Windows 7 x64: http://usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/imageclass_series/imageclass_d420#...

Please help!!

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements