cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imageclass D1150 and WIndows 10

JeanChicago
Contributor

after switching to Windows 10, I have lots of problems in scanning documents.  Essentially, the computer says that it cannot communicate with the scanner.  There was certain tweaks that will eventually allow it to scan (unplugging and replugging the printer and restarting the computer, attempting a scan in control panel/devices and printers via the scan method there), but as soon as I've left the computer sit for a few hours, I've lost the scanning function.  There are no new software drivers to address this problem - the Canon website immediately detects I"m using Windows 10 - but it has no drivers suitable for Windows 10.

Please, can you help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Call the Canon support line. I have always found them very helpful.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Have you installed the two recommended downloads from 7/15 and 8/15?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

yes.  Many times.

Call the Canon support line. I have always found them very helpful.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I believe that the fix for this will be a new driver that has not been released yet.  Does anyone know otherwise?

that is absolutely true.  Canon needs to release a new driver to accommodate Windows 10.  The support technicians were extremely helpful.  But they are not magicians.  The Imageclass D1150 (and undoubtedly many other printers) simply are not compatible with Windows 10.

Today I encountered a problem that the scaner work around could not resolve.  The work around was to remove the D1150 in control panel, reboot the computer, pull the USB connection, reconnect, back to control panel to set the newly created D1150 as the default printer.  Canon Tech Support determined that the Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service was not functioning.  They suggested calling Microsoft Tech Support, 877-696-7786, which gets the group that deals with Windows 10 Updates.

They created a case number and the technician who responded was very aware that it was a Microsoft Windows 10 problem.  The only near term solution is to revert back to the previous OS.  They expect to take a long period of time for an update to fix this to be released.  So if I want to use my scan function I need to revert back to 8.1.  Others who used 8 or 7 would need to go back to that level.

Did you ever get this? I waited until the last minute to do the Windows 10 move and when I did it now the Toolbox to scan into pdf documents doesn't work or doesn't work consistantly. It works once and then you have to go through all sort of things of removing things from Task Manager and rebooting system, unpluggin pringer USB cable....none of this a fix and none of it convenient. 

Curious if anyone else have had this issue and if they figured out a fix. 

Yes, I did go through that frustration. Canon Support, after a long period of "whose problem is it" did lead me through a work-around that kept me able to compensate. The problem is not a Canon driver issue, but as I understand, a Windows 10 timing issue. The solution that I was able to apply came from a referral from Canon Support to contact either MS or the computer manufacturer. In my case it was contacting Dell, who for a fee of about $150 applied some registry changes that allowed the Cannon Toolbox to work properly. I do not fully understand the matter, but it appears that there was a timing issue involved. The fix caused the exchange between the Canon driver and Windows 10 to work properly, and I now can scan using the Toolbox.

Hi Tempoent.

I will be able to assist you.

On July 6, 2014 a service notice was issued by Canon regarding the scanning issue with the Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 operating systems.  It is recommended that you uninstall the current drivers, and then download and install the latest drivers from the Canon website.  Please follow the instructions below:

*NOTE: The example shown is the MF515w.  The instructions will be the same for the D1150.

1. Uninstall the Canon MF Drivers from the Control Panel > Programs and Features.

2. Download and install the latest imageCLASS MF driver from the Canon USA Support website, (including both the Printer driver and ScanGear scan driver).  Be sure to enter your imageCLASS model and select it from the displayed list.  Then view the Recommended Downloads section from the Drivers & Downloads tab for the latest MF driver.
  3. After installing the driver, Restart (not Shut down) the PC.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements