cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageClassMF232w

powrguy
Apprentice

I've reloaded the software twice (once from the installation CD, and once from Canon download).

It connects to the network fine, as a printer, but is not being "found" in the scanner function.  It doesn't even get listed.

Any clues as to what to do?  I'm running Windows 7 OS, 64-bit

thanks

Smiley Mad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

powrguy
Apprentice
OK.  What I have just completed is the COMPLETE un-install of the Canon MF232w, AND, all the associated software.

THEN, I un-installed a Brother 9130CW that was also on the network.  With that, I re-installed the Canon MF232w, and all the bundled software.  With that, I re-started the computer, and all is working.

The last thing I'm going to try, is re-installing the Brother wireless printer on the network, and NOT all the software that came with it on m computer.

Apparently, because I installed the software for the Brother 9130CW on my computer FIRST, there was some conflict in the setup when the Canon MF232w was installed.  I'm not really computer-savvy, but once I had the Canon re-installed, then I just went to the Windows "Printers and Devices" manager, and it found the Brother printer on the network, and installed the drivers for it.  Now, they're both working as they should.

Thanks, James, at Tech Support for getting involved in my issue.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Jason
Whiz

Hi, powrguy!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the version of Windows or Mac in use.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help via Email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF

You can also use the following link to browse our 'Wireless Help' guide by clicking HERE.

Thanks!

Thanks for the link, but you do not have "wireless" support in there for the MF232w, yet, it says.

powrguy
Apprentice
OK.  What I have just completed is the COMPLETE un-install of the Canon MF232w, AND, all the associated software.

THEN, I un-installed a Brother 9130CW that was also on the network.  With that, I re-installed the Canon MF232w, and all the bundled software.  With that, I re-started the computer, and all is working.

The last thing I'm going to try, is re-installing the Brother wireless printer on the network, and NOT all the software that came with it on m computer.

Apparently, because I installed the software for the Brother 9130CW on my computer FIRST, there was some conflict in the setup when the Canon MF232w was installed.  I'm not really computer-savvy, but once I had the Canon re-installed, then I just went to the Windows "Printers and Devices" manager, and it found the Brother printer on the network, and installed the drivers for it.  Now, they're both working as they should.

Thanks, James, at Tech Support for getting involved in my issue.
Announcements