cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageClass MF212w not printing shipping labels correctly

Cheryl_H
Apprentice

The top section of each line in the shipper and ship to sections are being cut off when printing labels. This only seems to be happening where the text is larger (ie: Amazon Seller Central and Etsy.com). This only just started happening today. Yesterday it printed fine. I checked the toner. The cartridge is 3/4 full. I replaced it anyway, and still have the same problem. This is a serious issue to our business shipping. I really need to get this corrected. Any advice would be appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4

Sonya1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Cheryl_H,

Before we can offer a solution to your issue, we will need some more information about your situation.  Coud you answer a few questions?

(1) Which computer operating system are you using, Windows XP, Vista (32 or 64 bit), 7 (32 or 64 bit), 8 (32 or 64 bit), 8.1 (32 or 64 bit), 10 (32 or 64 bit) or Mac OS X 10.5, 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11 or 10.12?

(2) What size is the sheet of labels?

(3) If you were to draw a 0.25 inch margin around the sheet of labels, would any text fall between the edge and the margin?

If you need immediate assistance and you're in the USA, please click http://Canon.us/ContactCF for our US-based support. If you're outside of the US, please click http://Canon.us/4xf7 for support options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

1)  My computer OS is Windows 8.0 (64 bit)

2)  A sheet of labels is 8 1/2" x 11", 2 labels to a sheet.

3) Yes, the labels would fall within a .25" margin.

The area bing misprinted is horizontal rows (portrait orientation of the labels) on print larger than approximately 12-point font.  This seems to happening when I print from a website, such as USPS, Etsy and Amazon. Everything is fine if I save the labels to my computer, then print from Acrobat.

i Cheryl_H

Before printing the labels, ensure/cofirm that you specify the paper size and type settings to match the paper that is loaded. Make sure to change the paper settings when you load the paper that is different from the previously loaded paper.
IMPORTANT
If the setting does not match the size and type of loaded paper, a paper jam or printing error may occur.

Specifying Paper Size and Type

1. Press  and tap <Paper Set.>.

2. Tap <MP Tray> or <Drawer 1>.

3. Select the loaded paper size.
  • If the loaded paper size is not displayed, tap <Other Sizes>.

4. Select the loaded paper type.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

All of the settings are correct. The error is happening with web-based email programs: USPS, Etsy, Amazon. But the print is perfect when I save the label image to my desktop and print from Acrobat. I'll try to contact Support.

Thank you!

Announcements