cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageCLASS MF751Cdw - Can I use Canon Photo Paper Plus?

deadmeat08
Apprentice

The usable paper section of the online manual doesn't mention photo paper anywhere at all, but it does say that "glossy paper" is unusable. Is it safe to use Canon Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss? Or matte photo paper?

3 REPLIES 3

normadel
Authority
Authority

This is a business-oriented laser printer. Printers marketed as photo printers are inkjets. All of the recommended papers are uncoated. This is why the manual does not mention photo papers.

There are gloss-coated laser papers out there. i have some from HP that I got years ago. It's like the glossy paper magazines are printed on.

Glossy laser papers are not the same thing as gloss inkjet paper. The coating on the gloss and matte  inkjet papers can melt or break down  from the heat of a laser printer. Not good for the printer.

If you want high gloss photos you need an inkjet printer.

Thanks for the info.

I really don't care if the photos are glossy, I just want to print some pictures for our family. Is semi-gloss still unusable, do you think? I ask because I had no idea there were limitations like that when I bought this printer, so I bought a few boxes of Canon semi-gloss photo papers with my printer order. If I have to return them, then I will, but if I can still use them, then that'd be better!

I realize that "semi"-gloss is probably pushing my luck, but like I said above, the manual only mentions "glossy paper" as unusable, not semi-gloss or matte, and nothing specifically about photo paper at all.

normadel
Authority
Authority

Glossy, semi-gloss and matte all refer to inkjet papers. Consumer, home-type "Photo printers" are generally inkjets, not lasers.

Perhaps there's someone out there who can speak to usability of semi-gloss and matte inkjet papers on a laser printer. i have Canon Matte Photo Paper, but I don't want to run it through my laser printer.

What you CAN use on your laser, which I do, is a smooth finish paper heavier than 20 lb. Look for 28 lb. or 60 lb. papers.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements