cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageCLASS MF217w not updating print status after printing

quotr
Apprentice

I have a weird problem where I can print (once) fine, everything prints as expected but the printer doesn't update it's print status to "finished" after the document is printed. I cannot seem to find any information on this.

Because of this, no other doucments will print until I go into the print and 'cancel' the print job even though it was already completed.

I do not see any errors which has left me baffled. I have tried from 3 different apple machines and they all exhibit the same behaviour.

Print job status:

Printer 04:30pm Printing

Job  number: 0011

TIme: 03/02 04:30PM

JOb Type: Printer

Document Name: Microsoft Word - xxxxxxx

User name: myname

OUtput Pages: 0

ShtxCpy: 0x 0/ 1

Again it seems like the printer is not updating itself that it has printed the document.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

James_C

Hi quotr,

Is the unit being connected to your network?  If so, please delete and add the printer to the queue.

Please open [System Preferences] > [Printers & Scanners].  Next, click the [-] sign under the printer list to delete the printer.  Once the printer has been removed, please follow the instructions below to add the printer back to the window:

1. Click the [+] icon.
If another dialog box does not appear, click [Add Other Printer or Scanner] or [Add Printer or Scanner] after clicking the [+] icon.

2. Register the printer and fax.

2-B. TCP/IP Connection.

2-B-1. Click [IP], and select a print protocol from [Protocol].

If you want to use the machine in an IPv6 environment, select LPD or Socket for [Protocol].

2-B-2. Enter the IP address of the machine to [Address], and select either one of the following options from [Print Using] or [Use]: [Select Printer Software], or [Select Software].

2-B-3. Select a driver that is capable for this machine from the driver list, and click [OK].

2-B-4. Click [Add].

3. Check that this machine is added to the [Print & Fax], [Print & Scan], or [Printers & Scanners] dialog box.

4. Close the dialog box.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

James_C

Hi quotr,

Is the unit being connected to your network?  If so, please delete and add the printer to the queue.

Please open [System Preferences] > [Printers & Scanners].  Next, click the [-] sign under the printer list to delete the printer.  Once the printer has been removed, please follow the instructions below to add the printer back to the window:

1. Click the [+] icon.
If another dialog box does not appear, click [Add Other Printer or Scanner] or [Add Printer or Scanner] after clicking the [+] icon.

2. Register the printer and fax.

2-B. TCP/IP Connection.

2-B-1. Click [IP], and select a print protocol from [Protocol].

If you want to use the machine in an IPv6 environment, select LPD or Socket for [Protocol].

2-B-2. Enter the IP address of the machine to [Address], and select either one of the following options from [Print Using] or [Use]: [Select Printer Software], or [Select Software].

2-B-3. Select a driver that is capable for this machine from the driver list, and click [OK].

2-B-4. Click [Add].

3. Check that this machine is added to the [Print & Fax], [Print & Scan], or [Printers & Scanners] dialog box.

4. Close the dialog box.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi James,

Thank you for the reply.

I had previously removed and performed the steps that you outlined below numerous times with the latter attempts not removing the old networked printers but using the newest one for the print job. I am not sure why removing every printer and re-adding an identical one back would work, but for now it seems to have worked.

Thanks,

Announcements