cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IR C2220 to set to default black and white for OSX

lokeshp
Apprentice

We are using IR Canon 2220 in our organization, we want this printer to set the default to black and white print for some OSX users so they can only print black and white and we want some users to print both color and B/W.

help me to set this in OSX environment.

2 REPLIES 2

Tiffany

Hi lokeshp,

Thank you for posting in the Canon Forums! 

While the community is welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products, but your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers who are in your area.

Patents
Contributor

I found these instructions and it worked for me:

https://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/15962-setting-a-printer-to-default-to-b-w-in-mac-os-lion-an-...

I only did steps 1-11.  I'm not sure of the point of the rest of the steps. 

I have a MF733Cdw.  I found this setting after learning that I printed 900 pages of black and white text that the printer thought was color.  Even though the text came out looking black, it apparently layered all the colors and black.  Completely wiped out my starter toners.  So now it defaults to B&W.  If I want color (which is not often) I just change it to color (or auto) in the print dialog each time.

Announcements