cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I755 Error on Maxify MB2150

tadejblazic
Apprentice

I have registered to this forum just to write this post;

I have to say that I am extremely dissappointed in Canon's policy. My printer/scanner has run out of colour ink, which is hard to find in my country (it usually takes weeks to order), and it has gone into the 1755 error. 

Now, everything would be completely fine, if it weren't for the fact that I can't operate the multifunction machines at all. I'm running a business that is in constant need for a good printer/scanner, as I base most of my work on digital mediums. Canon has made it impossible to do so; not by the quality of printing, scanning, pairing, etc. (that is excellent, Canon did put a lot of strong features into the machine), but rather by a technicality.

I can't operate the machine until I change the colour cartridges, I can't use it for scanning purposes or printing. Black ink cartridges are ful, so printing plain black on white documents shouldn't be a problem. No, I have to buy the cartridges in order to operate the machine, even for scanning (which should be completely unrelated). I know that even when printing black on white, Maxify uses a bit of colour from the cartridges in order to force purchasing. If you don't purchase colour cartridges, you can't use your machine for black printing or scanning, simple as that. There's also no conceivable option of hard reseting or bypassing the error, at least from what I could gather from the forums.

It is an extremely scummy method of forcing to buy cartridges; all while my day-by-day activities suffer.

Lost all respect for the company.

2 REPLIES 2

Stephen

Hello!

Welcome to The Canon Community, and thank you for your post!

We appreciate your participation, however we need to let you know that the Canon Community is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA, and the model  you're referencing is not a model that's sold here in the USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please CLICK HERE and select your country or region for your support needs.

If you're in the USA, you'll find that inks are sold directly by Canon USA HERE or at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666).

You're welcome to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

cvwassociates
Apprentice
I bought my MB2720 at Best Buy and I have the same problem. I’ll never buy another Canon product.
Announcements