cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have replace the one colour in my printer MB 5340. It keeps giving me the error B504

Lizette
Apprentice

I have replaced the one colour in my printer MB 5340  It keep giving me the error B504  I have swithced the printer of  and I have used origanal catridges.  Can't get it to even move the catridges so I can get it out to see what is going on.

Lizette

9 REPLIES 9

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Found this via Google:

"Service Notice: MAXIFY B504 Error

Update

Thank you for using Canon products.

Some replacement ink tanks sold for the Canon MAXIFY series printers which are not manufactured by Canon may cause a B504 error to be displayed, causing the printer to shut down. In such cases, even though the printer's ink supply system is working properly, the design of the non-genuine ink tank is obstructing fluid ink supply to the print head, causing the B504 error. Please be advised that the repair for this error caused by non-genuine Canon ink tanks is not covered under warranty and, therefore, repair or exchange charges will apply."

Also this (not your model, but maybe applicable):

http://support.angryinks.com/customer/portal/articles/1948512-b504-error-code-on-canon-printers-affe...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

But she says:

"...and I have used origanal catridges"

I know. See the link:

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

The part you quoted was all about non-canon cartridges.

You may be correct if there is such a thing as "original non-Canon cartridges"?

I always assumed original cartridges were the cartridges that originally came with the device.

Whatever; either it helps the OP or it doesn't.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

No big deal. I think of it like "factory original" car parts i.e., buying it from the dealer as opposed to buying it at Napa.

I can not see the whole response about the fix of the error code b504.  Could you repost?

See this:

http://support.angryinks.com/customer/portal/articles/1948512-b504-error-code-on-canon-printers-affe...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks for posting.  This worked for me.  I am not using OEM cartridges.  This issue is certainly an issue with the printer.  I also think that we have to print a couple pages to the printer at least once a week to cut down on the cleaning cycles.  I had not done so for about a month and that is when I got the error code.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements